This Privacy Notice outlines how we collect, retain and process personal data (including where necessary sensitive personal data) and the security standards that we will apply to protect personal data.
If you have any specific concerns around the privacy of your personal data or require any further information about how we manage your personal information, please get in touch with us directly at:
By Post: Colyer Dodd & Co Ltd, 145 New London Road, Chelmsford, Essex. CM2 0QT
By Phone: 01245 349600
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The data controller of personal data will be Colyer Dodd & Company Limited (Company Registration Number 5012038).
We are committed to complying with all relevant data protection legislation including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (“Applicable Data Protection Laws”).
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to amend this notice at any time. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully and re-visit this page from time to time to review any changes that may have been made.
How we obtain personal data
We may collect and process personal data about you (which may include personal data and/or sensitive personal data) from:
· Information you provide when filling in forms on the website, contacting us, applications for roles we advertise, from other sources.
What personal data we collect
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
· Your name
· Your contact details including address, telephone number, email address
· Information for Diversity Purposes only (such as Age, Gender, Ethnicity)
· Nationality (to ensure eligibility to work in the UK)
· Medical and health information
· Employment and income information (including qualifications)
· Criminal convictions and offences
· Additional information that you may feel pertinent to helping you secure suitable employment
How we use personal data
Information provided to us about you (which may include personal data and/or sensitive personal data) will be used only for the following purposes (and subject to any preferences you have notified us of):
· Establishing and maintaining communications with you
· Helping you to secure employment
· Where we believe it is necessary to meet legal, security, processing and regulatory requirements
· Business transfers where we sell whole or part of our business and/or assets to a third party purchaser
· Protecting against fraud, suspicious or other illegal activities
· Research and statistical analysis
· Building databases for use by us
· We shall keep your information for a reasonable period of time for the above purposes. Typically, we will retain data for a minimum of 7 years to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, or for any legal claims. We may keep your data for longer where this is necessary for statistical and historical research purposes. However, we will ensure all personally identifiable information is removed where technically feasible. We will maintain security and protection of any information we hold.
Disclosure of personal data to others
In using personal data for the above purposes, we may disclose personal data to:
· Potential employers and where applicable their outsourcers, sub-contractors, agents and service providers
· Professional auditors
Third parties to whom we disclose personal data are required by law and contractual undertakings to keep personal data confidential and secure, and to use and disclose it for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances, in compliance with all applicable legislation.
It may sometimes be necessary to transfer personal information overseas. When this is needed information is only shared within the European Economic Area. Any transfers made will be in full compliance with all aspects of applicable Data Protection Laws.
Lawful basis of using personal data
Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR says that we can use your data if it "is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller (us) or by third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of the data subject (you) which require protection of personal data." You do have the right to object to us processing your personal data on this basis, and if so, please contact us.
We process personal information to enable us to provide advice and professional services as an employment agency, to maintain our own records and accounts and to support and manage our employees. We have a legitimate interest to hold personal data.
We believe it is reasonable to expect that if you are looking for employment or have posted your professional CV information on a job board or professional networking site, you are happy for us to collect and otherwise use your personal data to offer or provide our recruitment services to you, share that information with prospective employers and assess your skills against our bank of vacancies. We reasonably and legitimately need to do these things to help you and others get the jobs you deserve and also so that we can function as a profit-making business.
You have certain legal rights under the Applicable Data Protection Laws to access your data which we hold and request rectification of any personal data that may be obsolete, incomplete or incorrect.
For more detail about how we process your information and how you may exercise your rights in respect of that information, please use the contact details below.
Keeping personal data accurate
We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and whenever you inform us about any changes we will update this information at the earliest opportunity. Please help us to do this by letting us know whenever there are changes to your personal data. If you are providing information about someone else, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data including sensitive personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out in this Privacy Notice) for which their personal data will be processed.
If your personal details change, if you change your mind about us processing your data, if you wish to receive further information about how we use your information or have any queries or complaints, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com